Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: code 83 - to - code 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:10 am 

hi everyone:my second day here,i spend a few hours reading your post an like what i see,i'll asking for help soon enough.my bench work has been completed and iam starting to laid track.under the table ,behind hills spot were you don't see the rail i plan to use flex track,code 100,simplely for easy of working with it,20 years as a conductor has turned my knees to ,well not much, my question is,i have a 24" long wood trestle,i plan to use code 83 as rail on the deck,is there a transition jointer made for that or could i simple solder the rail heads to the same height . see there is a fare bit of difference in the two rails,thanks PK

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:17 pm 

Hello smitcoe,

We carry a variety of Micro Engineering transition rail joiners and the size that you're looking for can be found here:

http://www.handlaidtrack.com/transition-rail-joiners-code-100-to-83-p-3021.php

They are made from plastic so you'll have to provide separate feeders for the bridge or simply use some jumper wires at either end of the bridge. The joiners are also designed to properly align the rail heads on the inside of each rail as well as the height. Read the instructions carefully before installing them to make sure they are oriented properly. Each package contains 4 pair of joiners, which is more than enough for what you intend to do.

Cheers!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]