Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:23 am 

Fellow Turnout builders. I have an alternative way to create the pivot points on a Stub bridal rail and I'm also using this on my HOn3 code 55 3-way turnout.

In the video, I move the HOn3 code 55 bridal rail 2-1/2" side to side and PC board run straight.

http://www.cctrains.com/BridalRailPivot.wmv

Here how I made it....
I mark the PC board where the rails and pivot pins will be and remove the copper cladding. Then I file a notch on the inside flange flush to the rail web in the center of the PC board, drill a hole in the center of the notch. Take a brass pin, not a brad, and feed the pin from the bottom of the PC board. Take a dremel cut off saw and cut the pin leaving only about 1/16" showing. Without using flux, solder the pin to the rail. If you have problems with the pins falling out, dip the pin in some Pli-Bond and when your done with the turnout, take a old tooth brush and scrub the bottom of the PC board using lacquer thinner and it will dissolve the glue. Make sure you gap the bottom of the PC board between the pins, otherwise you will create a short.

Glen Thomas
Cream City Trains
http://www.cctrains.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]