[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Fast Tracks • View topic - So do members reply to posts here or just lerk?

Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:02 pm 

I have posted a few questions on this discussion board. They have all gone without replies from the members on this board. Do members support each other here or just read what others post and wait for the owners of Fast Track to reply?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:25 am 

Greetings,

I am modeling in HO scale so I typ. do not post responces in the other forums. I also try to only post answers to things I know I have positive information to give. I am still new to handlaid track so there are more experts here.

You are not alone here.

Christopher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:00 pm 

Thanks Christopher,

I fully understand that you would only post to things that you have personal experience with.

I guess out of the over 800 people on this discussion forum very few are working with N scale.

I am emailing Tim and getting my questions answered.

Rodney

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:08 pm 

Greetings,

I usually only post if I have something to contribute. Fast Tracks is also on Facebook and I have connected there as well. I have to admit that while I was working on my N Trak Staging Yard modules and making lots of #6 and #7 turnouts along with some hand-laid track I did post a lot more. I think that when you pick up some minimal skills doing this stuff and have a lot of project work staring you in the face, you only monitor this list as you have time. For some reason that seems to be self-defeating. I'm not sure what the answer is but I think I will probably start monitoring the board a little more in the future.

Inprinter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:49 am 

Welcome Rodney.

I've found many useful tid bits by reading the threads of past conversations here. I have also read other scale threads too as I am currently using Fast Tracks for Z and there isn't much going on there and the NMRA is a standard.

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I suppose I could give you some lame excuse about my new-to-me '69 Allis Chalmers B-212 FTD and how I've been reading all the threads @ SimpleTrACtors.com but that doesn't answer your question.

It is a topic that has been visited here a couple of times and I found this in HO:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=281

Also, my friend, there is a search button in the upper right of this screen. After searching "curved turnout radii" I came across this:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=966&p=3255&hilit=curved+turnout+radii#p3255

Rodney, I would like to also add that I'm kinda new to hand laying track too and I can at times be super curious. This week I've been reading about hard core hand laying track here:
http://www.railsystemsco.com/Groovy%20track.htm

I hope something here is helpful to you. The beauty of hand laying track is that is can be completely custom one-of-a-kind-anything-you-want. I think some OTC track references turnout radius but from what I've gathered is it is more of a ratio. As an example (Its possible I'm hacking it up here) a #6 turnout diverges one unit for six units of travel. Radius isn't addressed. emccamey is smart as a whip and explains it this way:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1028&p=3546&hilit=turnout+ratio#p3546

peace
FT

post script:

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+you+mea ... ed+turnout

http://www.fast-tracks.net/forums/viewt ... ?f=5&t=805

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:29 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]