Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:50 pm 

I am in the process of doing some track planning in Sn3 using 3rd PlanIt. With the new release (8.05) they have a flex turnout capability. This seems to go hand in hand with the TwistTies turnout blocks at Fast Tracks. I want to use a #8 turnout flexed, but all 3rd PlanIt has are #6 turnouts available. I went to the NMRA site to print out the SN3 turnout dimension standards, but they have every Scale/Gauge except for Sn3 in their RP-12.X standards. Is there somewhere I can access these dimensions? Tim you appear to have gotten the dimensions from somewhere since you currently produce fixtures and twist ties for #4 through #8 turnouts in Sn3. Any help out there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:59 am 
Site Admin

Hi Jim,

If you navigate to the ordering page for an individual item we have some dimensional information there for that specific turnout size, the Sn3 #8 page can be found here...

http://www.handlaidtrack.com/item.php?id=3978

I am not sure what information 3rd PlanIt requires for turnout design, but if something is missing that you need let me know and I would be happy to dig up the numbers from our master CAD files.

Tim Warris
Fast Tracks
http://www.fast-tracks.net
service@fast-tracks.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:58 am 

Tim

Thanks. I do remember seeing the data on those pages now that you reminded me. Easy fix! I'll look things up tonight and see if I can plug things in. If there is anything missing, I'll e-mail an info request

Jim

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]