Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:57 am 

I just purchased my first jig at the NG Convention in Santa Clara. I am using 3rd Planit, layout design software, to design a large layout and would like to create turnout objects, in the software, to match the Fast Tracks jigs.

In order to do this I enter data into David Honner's Turnout Calculator, an Excel spreadsheet, and it gives me the dimensions to enter into 3rd Planit. Now my problem.

I noted on the Tie Templates that it states they are produced to NMRA Standards, I went to the NMRA website but cannot find any Standards or Recomended Pracices for Dimensions for Sn3 turnouts. Where can I obtain the dimensions used for the Sn3 turnouts?

There are not really that many dimensions required by the calculator, if you would like to checkout the calculator it is available at da Trains! - Railroad Data. I would like to be able to share the Fast Tracks 3rd Planit turnouts with other Sn3 modelers if I can get them built.

Thanks
Robert Sanders

Post subject: Sn3 track dimensions
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:56 am 
Doesn't narrow gauge for S scale use HO scale track?? Maybe those dimensions would work??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:37 pm 

On30 uses HO track.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]