Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: 0m track, early test
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:03 pm 
Not much activity here yet, but somebody has to be the first!

I model metergauge in 0-scale. I follow a Norwegian prototype, but I am very much inspired by the work of Tom Piccirillo (http://www.eastpenn.org/photos_tomp2.html) and the late Bob Hegge.

At the moment I am putting the finishing touches on a set of etching films for a brass boxcab electric. Here is a photo of the pilot model:

Pantograph is yet to be built.

I have also started to experiment with tracklaying. I started out with Code 125 from Micro engineering:

Ties are Kappler stripwood. Tieplates are home etchings made by a friend. Spikes are Micro Engineering small spikes. Ballast is homemade, its just crushed rock.

The result look quite nice in my own opinion, but I will make some adjustments.

In the future I will use Right o Way code 100. (The railsize of the prototype scales out to about code 110). The ballast should be slightly finer. I will also look for spikes with a finer head, maybe the micro spikes from ME could be used. Some slight adjustments will also be made for the next batch of tie-plates. To put it short, I look for a slightly lighter look, the results so far look a bit to much like a garden model railroad. (no offense meant to garden model railroaders!)

Comments are welcome!

For some more info on my projects, please visit my homepage:
http://www.folk-rovere.org/mj/index_eng.php

Best regards,
H?vard H

Post subject: track photo
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:06 am 
[quote] As you noted the spikes are glareingly too big. Look into p87 150% spikes. Regards, Leonard[quote]

Where does one find the above referenced p87 spikes?

Thanks and regards,

CKD

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]