[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Fast Tracks • View topic - Twist Ties Progress?

Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Twist Ties Progress?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:05 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:08 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:45 pm 

Post subject: Twist Ties Progress?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:18 pm 

Post subject: Twist Ties Turnouts
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:38 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:22 am 

Hi all, Here is a pic of some preproduction sample Twist Ties in N scale:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o153/ednadolski/100_0486_small.jpg

This is pre-weathered code 40 rail held down with the P:87 spikes about every 6th tie. These seem to hold pretty well even tho this is over just cork roadbed. You could also use Pliobond to glue down the rail.

The best thing about the Twist Ties is the laser-engraved guide lines, which makes positioning the rail much faster & more accurate. You still need gauges, but a lot less than without guide lines. This sample happens to have an extra set of guide lines (for positioning tieplates) but I don't see those as needed in a production version.

I also like that there's no messing with loose bulk ties, no sanding, and I can ballast before laying the rail (which goes faster). After a bit of practice, I think construction time probably ought to be ballpark comparable to flextrack, when one considers the extra time that it takes to paint flextrack to a high level of detail.... and even then the painted plastic will never look as good as the real wood of the Twist Ties.

My understanding is that these are due by the end of this year or early next year, but I don't want to speak for Tim, and I will defer to him for the most recent & accurate info in this area.

Post subject: Twistties?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:43 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]