[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Fast Tracks • View topic - Nn3 TwistTie pictures.

Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:32 pm 

The tie plates I have are #9201 (for straight track) and #9202 (for curved track). #9201 contains tie plates for about 60" of rail, so you'll get 30" of complete track.

The difference between the two types is that the "straight" fret has the tie plates connected under the rail, so they stay in a perfectly straight line. There are also small "tabs" between every third plate to bend over the foot of the rail to hold it down. In fact, the manufacturer suggests relying on these to hold the track alone. I haven't tried this yet.

The "curved" tie plates are connected side-to-side rather than lenghtwise, so you glue the tie plates to the sleepers and glue the rail onto the tie plates. The plates are correctly spaced to gauge code 55 rail as you lay it.

The frets contain tie plates only.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:23 am 

Hi,

I've posted an updated pic of my spiked Code 40 sample track onto the N_Finescale list on Yahoo. This sample has some simple, flat tieplates added, please see the image at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/N_FineSca ... NX0070.JPG

Please refer to the Messages section of the N_Finescale group for further details on the tieplate discussion.

BTW are those Athabasca tieplates still in production? (I'm having some trouble with the site.)

Regards,
Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:29 am 

The Athabasca Scale Models website is very slow, but the tieplates are still in production. I ordered and received mine only a few weeks ago.

Post subject: Any new on this?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:34 pm 
Hi

Eagerly awaiting our twistties in N, how are you progressing with them?

Sincerely

/Leo Sandstr?m

Post subject: Re: Any new on this?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:39 pm 
Site Admin

Tim Warris
Fast Tracks
http://www.fast-tracks.net
service@fast-tracks.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:57 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:16 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:18 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:36 pm 
Thats almost the same thing Im going to try SD80MAC.

Only difference is that I wont try popping in spikes, Ill rely on the spikes already modeled on the tieplates and then to use glue to keep the whole thing together.

I already got a few packs of tieplates on the way and Ill try to post some pictures as soon as I have tried em out.
I got the switch detail pack as well so if we are lucky Ill get a switch or two superdetailed as well. :shock:

I just hope they are thin enough so that I can pop em in under the rail directly in the fixture when I solder the turnout.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:43 pm 
Hello fellow handlayers.

The P87 group, (Andy) has come out with N scale code 40 tie plates that fit N scale ties. These are a separate item than the HO version and should fit well on the ties. I have them but had not the time at present to try them out. Its on my priority list, also there's a turnout detail set and joint bars, specifically for N.
Note I am not affiliated with the p 87 group just a customer like yourselves.

Rob
Prototrack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:17 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:35 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2