Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: N Scale #6 3 Way Turnout
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:41 am 

Just wondering after reading the information on the sales website about the 3 Way #6 Turnout, is there really no documentation as to building this turnout? I have built quite a few #6 turnouts, LH and RH, but after looking at pictures of finished #6 3 Way Turnouts I can see that there are probably some tricky areas to consider. I don't see any documentation for HO either. Can someone point me to any info on building this critter. I'm not afraid to give it a try, but I always like to be as prepared as possible before embarking on a daunting task. Looks like I need a special point form tool for 3 Way points and the Track Assembly fixture. I have a Stockaid fixture for Code 55 ME rail and I assume it would work for this turnout. I couldn't find anything to tell me otherwise so far unless I overlooked it. Any suggestions or pointing me in the right direction for more reading and studying would be most appreciated.

Inprinter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:27 pm 

Hello Inprinter,

You will find a comprehensive document in our Document Library - Printed Documentation, third item from the top. Here's the link:

http://www.handlaidtrack.com/printable- ... -a/163.htm

You will need a 3-Way PointForm tool as well as the 3-Way assembly fixture but the StockAid tool you have will work just fine because it's rail-size dependent and not turnout specific.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:04 am 

Terry,

thanks for the information.

Inprinter

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]