[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Fast Tracks • View topic - Comparison to Atlas code 55 turnouts

Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:26 pm 

How close are the Fast Tracks n-scale code 55 #5 turnouts to the Atlas #5 turnouts? The reason I'm asking is that I'm using a track planning tool that supports Atlas code 55 track and I'm building all my layout drawings using it. I want to build my turnouts with the Fast Tracks fixture, but I'm concerned that everything will be thrown out of whack.

Any hints on how to do this successfully?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:42 pm 

You can download a very accurate template drawing of the Fast Tracks turnout from their website. If you have one of the Atlas turnouts, you could lay it on a 1:1 printout of the Fast Tracks turnout for some comparison.

Inprinter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:09 am 

Thanks for that tip. I don't have any Atlas turnouts, but I was able to use my software to print a single turnout at 1:1 size. The main difference I noted is that the Atlas turnout has about 1 inch of extra rail at the points end, apparently so it will match their 6 inch piece of sectional track exactly. The frog end is nearly identical. It's hard to tell if the frog angle is identical, but it looks pretty close.

Chuck

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:56 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]