Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:37 pm 

I saw on the CD that the frog on standard gauge turnouts must be completely isolated, but on the template for the dual-gauge turn outs there appears to be just two cuts. one on the narrow gauge straight after all the frogs and one on the standard gauge straight before the last frog. Are these the only rail cuts needed on dual gauge? The turnout is desi gnated as left hand dual gauge narrow to the left

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:57 am 

I'm seeing gaps on the curved narrow gauge closure rail and the straight closure rail before the first frog, then in the curved standard guage rail before the second frog, and in all three rails out of the frogs clear of both frogs. As well as some fancy footwork in the gapping on the PC ties. Without going into the details it looks to me that the two sides are kept isolated.

Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:14 pm 

Jeff
Thanks for the help. I was looking at the wrong Diagram. That's where I Thought the went but wasn't quite sure
Thanks again
Jim

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]