Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Trackwork services
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:57 pm 

I approach this gingerly and with care. Being a model RR, HO gauge, and wanting quality trackwork, I purchased some Fast Tracks crossover and TO fixtures. I immediately fell in love with them. They are easy to use and allow me to produce an accurate piece of trackwork in a reasonable length of time. I did not purchase the fixtures with the idea I could make trackwork for others, only for myself, but I find that I have the time to do so. I do not intend to make any pieces that cannot be made on the Fast Tracks fixtures! Some people, however, do not need enough TO's to warrant purchasing a fixture (if you are holding back because of apprehension about your ability you should go ahead and get a fixture - you will be amazed at how easy they are to use). With that said, I would like to offer trackwork services, at reasonable prices, to those that just need one, or a few, TO's or crossovers.

I will only be able to ship to continental U.S. only.

Here is a list of what I can make, HO standard gauge:
All code 70 or code 83, ME rail:

#6 and #8 double crossovers
#6 and #8 single crossovers, rh or lh.
#4, #5, #6 and #8 turnouts, rh or lh.
14 deg. and 19 deg. crossings (made on the crossover fixtures).
#4, #5, and #6 yard ladders, with some limitations on quantity of TO's in one continous piece.

I cut my isolation gaps with a .010 jewelers saw. If you need different gaps I can send without gaps cut. I perfer to send without wooden ties. I wash the finished trackwork with soap, hot water, and baking soda. The baking soda causes the bright silver look of the solder to turn a "gunmetal" or "battleship" grey. This will not hurt or diminish the function or longetivity of the trackwork.

Please send me a private message or e-mail if you want to contact me concerning this.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]