[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Fast Tracks • View topic - gap fillers?

Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: gap fillers?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:55 pm 
I want to keep the gaps in my Fast Tracks turnouts as small as possible, yet functional. I will probably use the Fast Tracks gap fillers in the rest of the layout. I cut the gaps using a jewelers file, .010 thick resulting gap. I have tried the styrene method and the CA glue seems to make the styrene brittle and doesn't stick well. As I am trying to contour the styrene to the rail it frequently becomes dislodged and/or breaks where I do not want it to. Does anyone have any other ideas or methods that are not too difficult or time consuming but are effective? Would something like JB Weld work or is it too difficult to work with? I am going to test some for conductivity.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:09 pm 
Site Admin

Tim Warris
Fast Tracks
http://www.fast-tracks.net
service@fast-tracks.net

Post subject: Gap filling
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:53 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:13 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:20 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]