[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Fast Tracks • View topic - Curved Turnouts

Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Curved Turnouts
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:01 pm 
Tim:

When will the new twist ties for curved turnouts be available? Also, will I be able to use my #8 frog making tool or do I have to purchase a new tool specially for curved turnouts?

Will the twist ties be reversable like the quick sticks ties or will they be dedicated right or left?

Jim Hanna
Prescott, AZ[/code]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:49 am 
Site Admin

Tim Warris
Fast Tracks
http://www.fast-tracks.net
service@fast-tracks.net

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:52 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:32 am 
Site Admin

Tim Warris
Fast Tracks
http://www.fast-tracks.net
service@fast-tracks.net

Post subject: curvable turnouts
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:50 pm 
I suppose us N scale modelers can use the twist ties, only I would substitute PC ties at intervals after the wood ties radius was established.

Any thoughts on this Tim or Ron?

Rob

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:04 pm 

Hi,

I'm just another modeler. I do a lot of handlaying in HO and Proto:87 and have done a few N turnouts for our club module.

If you use the HO twist ties for an N scale construction, you woudl have to set the frog points and estimate the closure points. Then you would have to use the old fashion extensive use of gages.

Closure rails and points would end up being a custom fitting. Seems you would loose most of the advantages of the FastTracks. Besides the ties would be much larger and spaced for HO vs. N.

I'd recommend you lobby for N Twist Ties ASAP. You'd be doing more old fashion custom handlaying and not have the tie base at correct scale.

-enm-

PROTO & FINE Scale Coordinator
I estimate I have about 5 pounds of coupler springs somewhere in the vicinity of my workbench.

Post subject: twist ties for N
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:00 am 
Hiu Ron, Tim, and Ed,

I was actually asking about N with N twist ties in mind, sorry it was vague..
Question: could fast tracks make twist ties in N? The advantage would be flexible radius, the disadvantage, is you'd have to substitute a PC tie for a few key ties.

Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:15 pm 

Attachments:
Curved turnout formulas.pdf [90.21 KiB]
Downloaded 917 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:55 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]