Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:42 pm 

I swear I remember seeing on this forum SOMEWHERE that someone had adjusted the HO #8 pdf to fit on one legal (8.5x14) size paper sheet. The turnout itself (both left and right will fit properly, but none of the documentation was there. (no room for it)

But I cant find the post to save my life and search was no help. I think Tim even was the one that pointed it out.
Anyone??

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:52 am 

Hello SLI_Fallen,

I think what you may be referring to is one of the topics in our FAQ section that can be found here: http://www.handlaidtrack.com/kb_results.asp?ID=129

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:17 am 

Well, sort of but not exactly.

What I did find was there is a #6 turnout full sized HO template (full sized means it's the "quickstick" sized version.) On the track template list. This version fits on a legal sized sheet of paper. The #8 HO turnout however, will only fit on one legal sheet using the SHORT (or what I would call the "jig sized" normal templates). There is no version of a #8 HO turnout that is "Quickstick sized" (and if there was it would still take two legal pages to fit. It's just too long for one).

That being said, It would be nice to have the templates with thier "quickstick version" as well as what you already have to use for full sized drawing/alignment. I suppose I can just scan one finished quickstick mounted turnout. (though again, this would not work with a HO #8 for instance as it's "finished" size is over 15" rail end to rail end). It would still need two legal pages with the alignment targets.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]