Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:49 pm 

I bought some PC board sheet to do some experimenting with. I have a place where the PC board needs to be glued down to the layout roadbed before I do any soldering to it.. What glue(s) are best? Also, the PC board comes two ways. Copper on one side, and copper on both sides. What works best?

Thanks,

Jake Johnson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:58 pm 

What are you doing with it if I may ask? The PCB ties FT furnishes are clad and gapped on both sides (clarifying - top and bottom). I see no obvious benefit to the the one side versus two but I guess there could be.

For bonding to the roadbed, you can use contact cement. Pliobond is what FT sells and it is a very good product. I have always used DAP Alex Plus. It is an acrylic caulk that also contains silicone. Water clean up, paintable, tenacious adhesive power, cheap at any Ace, Lowe's, or HD. Plus it does not have a high solvent content so out gassing and shrinkage are not a problem.

Paul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:50 pm 

I am making PC ties that are all connected together that can be used on the end of a module. Something that has maybe 4 ties connected by the PC board directly under the rail. I have cut the outer edge, but not sure yet how I will cut the inside rectangles out yet. I'm new here, but perhaps I should post a picture of it in process.

Jake

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]