[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Fast Tracks • View topic - Tie Racks and Track fixture

Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:56 pm 

I was contemplating an alternative to flex track and a couple of things struck me about the track assembly options. First off, TwistTies are expensive. Next thing that occurred to me was using a track fixture in conjunction with Tie Racks and loose ties. The conclusion I came to was to build track the same way I build turnouts and crossings, but use individual wood ties instead, attaching them using Pliobond. However, the track jig only has slots for the PC ties. Is there a reason why my technique could not be adopted?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:07 pm 

Last edited by DALDEI on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:27 am 

Greetings,

If I am understanding you right you want to build the track with the track fixture and then glue the wood ties to the track. If I am right here then why not just use the tie racks to place your wood ties leaving the space where the PC board tie is located empty so when you place the built track onto the tie rack the spacing is set.

Another way to perhaps do this would be to place the ties in the rack leaving the space where the PC board tie is located empty, then pick them up with masking tape and glue them to the road bed. Once dry the tape is removed and the built up track is laid in place and glued/ spiked in place.

Christopher

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]