Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:39 pm 

Sorry if this has been posted before.

1)Can the hex frog juicer and the mono frog juicer be used as an auto reverser for a return loop as well.

2) could several (4) be hooked up to a double cross over to ease or solve the wiring problems. I have seen some of the wiring solutions that call for an auto reverser. Could the "juicer " be used in this regard?

Again sorry if this has already been covered.

Jim Lowery

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:45 pm 

OK I read on the web site that it IS capable of dealing with the complications associated with a "double crossover." I think this will make my #8 double crossover wiring much easier.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:49 pm 

OK last question on this matter.

If my calculations are correct I can use the hex frog juicer to control the 4 isolated sections of a double crossover AND the last 2 wires to control the reversing loop on my lower staging.

Does it matter how long the wires are?

Jim Lowery

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:33 am 

Greetings,

I remember reading or hearing on a vid. that the juicer can control a frog up to 3' away without any noticable effects. The trouble is that I cannot find that documentation.

I have a Hex juicer and the furtherest turnout it controls is just about at the 3' mark. I have not noticed any trouble with it. I have a switch I was going to have to control from a further point but with the new single juicers it is now not a problem.

Christopher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:35 am 

I went to the actual site for the frog juicer, and there is documentation there that tells a person exactly how to wire for a double cross over. Even though I was skeptical, I did as the site said and the cross over is working perfectly now.

thanks

Jim Lowery

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]