Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:23 pm 

Hello everyone!
I have this HOlocomotive made by Bachmann China and I couldn't find it on the web to see what model is representing and what's it worth. Can you help me?
Thanks
(!empty($user->lang['ATTACHMENT'])) ? $user->lang['ATTACHMENT'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'ATTACHMENT'))):
DSC01443.JPG
DSC01443.JPG [ 756.47 KiB | Viewed 5730 times ]
(!empty($user->lang['ATTACHMENT'])) ? $user->lang['ATTACHMENT'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'ATTACHMENT'))):
DSC01439.JPG
DSC01439.JPG [ 560.11 KiB | Viewed 5729 times ]
DSC01442.JPG
DSC01442.JPG [ 616.25 KiB | Viewed 5728 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:38 pm 

That's a Northern, 4-8-4, and with the smokestack deflector, appears to be a Santa Fe prototype. Your pictures are way too large to work with - cut them down in size and use 72 DPI in the resizing before web posting. Need to show what the tender looks like. If the tender has two 8 wheel buckeye trucks, then it's definitely a Santa Fe model run. If the tender is a centipede model, then it could be a NYC or a Southern, though then differing side skirts and smoke deflectors would be present on the engine. There does appear to be attachment points for possible deflector 'ears' that may mean it originally may have been a NYC prototype, with the deflector ears removed.

The color scheme may well be a custom paint and lettering. Bachmann ran several of these style models in their DCC equipped line. New cost was about $ 185.00.

-ed-

PROTO & FINE Scale Coordinator
I estimate I have about 5 pounds of coupler springs somewhere in the vicinity of my workbench.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:06 pm 

Thank you for your info. I don't have the tender.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]