Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: rerailer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:06 pm 

Has anyone used the jigs to make their own rerailer? I was thinking about making some for hiden track areas, but I guess they could be placed anywhere.

Post subject: Re: rerailer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:53 pm 

This sounds like a good idea the only question I have would be how to raise the wheelsets so that the guardrails could then guide them back toward the running rails to accomplish the rerailing.

Post subject: Re: rerailer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:09 pm 

I don't think you will need to raise the wheel sets when the guide rails pull the wheels to the running rails the wheel will roll onto the rails. I have used the precision of the fast Tracks turnouts as retailer’s crossovers are even better. But if you still think you need to raise the wheels make the guide rails with styrene sheets put a thin sheet to raise the wheels thickness will depend on RP-25 wheels or AMH wheels then the diamond piece thickness to match the rail height.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]