[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Fast Tracks • View topic - Custom Fixtures...

Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Custom Fixtures...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:20 pm 

Hello Tim,

I received the HOn30 Code 55 #6 turnout fixture and point form tool a few weeks ago... As always, great work! The "Fast Tracks" billboard was great... Neat marketing tool.

Back when you first started doing the current style of assembly fixture, I ordered a fixture for a custom HOn2/7mm gauge #7.15 frog. I've since done two things... First, I've converted to using your 1/16" thick X 0.080" wide HO narrow gauge PC ties (the original fixture is made for 1/32" thick N scale ties). Second, I've refined the geometry on the orginal design to get a larger diverging route radius, and incorporate a "true" #7 frog, instead of the oddball #7.15.

My question is, do you still do custom fixtures as production time permits? Or are you guys still to busy these days? It is not something that I will be ordering right away. I'm thinking 2-6 months ahead here... I can and will provide the CAD file for this particular turnout.

If I can order a custom fixture, can you verify the point rail angle? I seem to recall that you use 2 degrees for solid point rails. I'd like the angle to match the point form filing fixture!

Thanks for the great service, and a fine product!

Regards,

JeffB

Post subject: Re: Custom Fixtures...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:04 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Jeff,

We do take on custom work as time permits, which usually means late spring and summer. At the moment we would struggle to get custom work done in a timely manner. I usually tell modelers to keep checking as the workload changes from time to time.

If you can provide the CAD work that is suitable, then that speeds things up considerably. Best to send me the files and I can let you know when we could produce the fixture.

You are correct, we use a 2 degree angle for the switchpoints on the PointForm tool, keep it to that angle and it will match the tool precisely.

Tim Warris
Fast Tracks
http://www.fast-tracks.net
service@fast-tracks.net

Post subject: Re: Custom Fixtures...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:57 am 

Thanks for the quick response Tim!

I'll finish up the CAD drawing over the next month or so (it needs tie detail) and be in touch once I do. We can take it from there.

Thanks!

Jeff

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]