Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fast Track Platforms
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:28 am 

I am considering using your fast track platforms to help with my new HO layout. I have been out of the hobby for several years and feel comfortable that they will be of great help. However, will you please explain, for example, what the difference is between a 24" radius 2 degree and say a 24" radius 10 degree curve piece. What would you recommend that I start with?

Thanks for the help!

Post subject: Re: Fast Track Platforms
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:29 am 

I will take stab at this. I believe you are asking about the new planning system using platforms.

A complete circle is 360 degrees. The degrees mentioned in the platform specifications refer to the distance traveled along the circumference. In the case of 24" radius curves FastTrack lists 2º as 0.84 inches long, 10º as 4.19" long.

Now pretend you are building 180º turns: it would take ninety (90) 2º pieces to make the turn or eighteen (18) 10º pieces.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]