Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:27 pm 

Hello,
I am new to this forum, and have been considering using Fast tracks for my new layout. I am curious as to everyones opinion on purchasing an HO scale, code 70, #6 double crossover. Can I use it to make single turnouts, as well as single crossings in addition to the double crossover with no added difficulties? Any comments welcomed.

Thanks in advance,
Stuart

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:39 pm 

To answer your questions. Yes, yes and yes. :D Single t.o.'s are a snap, a crossing can be done with some care, and of course a single and double x-over are doable.

There is also a thread in the HO forum regarding the wiring of double x-overs. Worth a read if you are planning on tackling one of these.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:21 pm 

Thanks for the information tetters. I am looking forward to trying the turnout jig out and I also appreciate the wiring link to the double crossover as well. Thanks again.
Stuart

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]