[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Fast Tracks • View topic - Fast Tracks Infinite Track™ System

Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:41 pm 

Wow talk about hitting the nail on the head!! you may just have built the greatest
Track layout and modeling system the Model Railroad Hobby has ever seen.
I just finished watching your video of the introduction of your up coming track
system and I'm am impressed beyond expression except to say WOW!!
I guess I'll need to do some re-budgeting because this system is exactly what I
need I suggest everybody go to the main page of the Fast tracks site and watch the
video from the then National Train Show explaining the new system coming Aug
15th.
The video will tell All !!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

It has been a long time in gestation, and in fact started out being something very different until the lightbulb went on!

While the design work is pretty much completed now, we still face a major challenge of how to package the system. For sure each PlatForm piece will be available a la cart style, but we think that most people would prefer to purchase kits. The problem is, what goes in a kit? We have pretty much concluded that we will create PlatForm kits that will include enough pieces to construct a full loop for each radius, but what about other types of trackwork? Should we kit up easement pieces with switches? Maybe a couple of straight sections as well?

One idea that I think is pretty interesting is creating a complete kit of PlatForm pieces for a complete layout. Perhaps select a number of popular layout designs in different scales and then create a complete kit of PlatForm pieces needed to create the whole layout. I think this would give many modelers a real head start in getting their layout up and running as quickly as possible - even the more complex designs.

Definitely open to suggestions here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:12 am 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:46 am 

Tim and Ron, I think some basic kits for the switch eavesment and crossovers and crossings would be a good start. Can't wait to see the whole system, then maybe we could come up with more suggestions.

Kurt

SP was king of the road, Cotten Belt will run forever! D&RGW will rule the hills!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:27 pm 

I believe you should do some sort of Buy Three get One, or something like that.

I don't want a kit if it has stuff I don't need/want.

Or you could do something like "spend $X on your Infinite Track order and get y% off" or something like that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:44 pm 

Hi all,
just a question about ITS assembly fixtures: are there any marks for arcs on the curved track fixtures?
I consider very helpful to know which arc we are building besides the radius, especially if we have to build curves with arcs equal to the angles of turnouts (to come back to parallel tracks, for instance, or to round the arc of a curve born from the diverging rout of a turnout).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:29 am 

From what I've seen, no. However it would be a very handy and hopefully simple amendment.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]