[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Fast Tracks • View topic - can I use a small pointform jig for code 70 rail?

Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:22 am 
On my HO railroad I use code 70 and code 55 MicroEngineering rail. The web site claims that the small jigs work up to code 55, and the medium jigs starting at 70. Can I really not sqeeze the code-70 rail into a small jig? Does it just not fit, or are you just worried that if I torque the screws down that the rail web will be deformed?

I'm asking 'cause I'd like to avoid buying both small and medium jigs for frog sizes that I used in both 70 and 55.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:53 am 
If you know the height difference between the two rail sizes. You could try a piece of shim stock in between the halves of the point form tool. This may not clamp the rail tight enough to keep it from moving while filing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:26 am 
Site Admin

Tim Warris
Fast Tracks
http://www.fast-tracks.net
service@fast-tracks.net

Post subject: code 55 in a 70 jig
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:09 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:36 am 

Hi Guys,

Just joined. I've known about your tools and stuff for a while now, but am getting to the stage of handbuilding some Proto-87 turnouts, in both Code 55 and 70 rail. Can you confirm if the medium point form tool will handle code 55 as well as code 70 rail?

Cheers,

Ian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:39 am 
Site Admin

Tim Warris
Fast Tracks
http://www.fast-tracks.net
service@fast-tracks.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:09 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]