Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:24 pm 

Guys, I found your incredible site through the recent NASG Dispatch article, and have already ordered my first template, points tool and stock-rail tool. I'm sure more orders will follow as I get going. I selected the S hi-rail since I have a number of MTH and American Models cars, but I'm concerned about flange widths for original American Flyer rolling stock and locomotives. I have been considering upgrading the wheel sets and bushings on freight car trucks to MTH wheel sets for years, but haven't done it yet. That would be relatively simple to do. But locomotives would be an entirely different level of effort. So my questions are:
1. Will the S hi-rail turnouts made with your templates accommodate the AF equipment as designed (assuming I make sure everything is in gauge)?
2. If not, is there an adjustment I can make to the frog wing rails and guard rails spacing to accommodate both hi-rail and AF equipment?
3. And if not, what do you recommend?
Thanks.
Steve (new customer)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]