Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:04 pm 

Let's start with straight track. I couldn't find a video on this but would like one. Anyway, do I:
1) Build the track in the jig (no problems there). Other than, when I want to join track, do I use the HO method of soldering the two rails to a single PCB or do I leave some sticking out and then use a rail joiner? I don't think I can put the rail joiner on a PCB tie as that'd likely cause a bump.

2) Lay the ties on top of the roadbed, securing with yellow glue? Or is there a better adhesive or some other alternative?

3) Lay the track from step 1 onto the ties, securing with? Are there N scale spikes available or should I just use glue. And if glue, what kind? I'm concerned about using Pilobond as I figure I likely need to move the track around a bit before it is in its final position, especially if I'm joining 2 pieces together.

Do I then paint the track?

Should I prestain the ties? If so, after gluing down or before?

When do I ballast with this kind of scenario?

Just looking for the sequence and recommended methods versus the not recommended.

Thanks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]