Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:41 am 

Greetings,

Which jig would I use to build a three way stub turn out or would I need a custom one? The reason that I ask is that the middle frog would be on the center line and the standard 3-way turn out jig for point type turnouts will not work, or at least I don't think so. Also is it possible to make a bullfrog with a middle detente for the middle route in a 3-way stub turnout? I am going to be modeling N scale in the 1870's and they used stub turnouts in that period.

Andre Anderson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:42 pm 
Site Admin

We have made some three way stub fixtures as custom projects in the past, what scale are you working with?

Our standard three way fixtures can't be used to produce a three way stub, nor can the three way PointForm tool, as the additional frog angle in a stub switch would be different then in a lapped three way.

Theoretically, and I say this because I haven't tried it, a BullFrog could be modified to work for a three way stub. An additional pocket would have to be added to the rocker of the switch matching to cause it to index to the centre position.

Tim Warris
Fast Tracks
http://www.fast-tracks.net
service@fast-tracks.net

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:48 pm 

That would be of interest to me as well, because I think I'd like to use that as my lead switch into my yard. I'd need one with code 70 rail, in a #10 switch. My layout will have a lot of large steam engines traversing through.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]