Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:52 am 

Hello all,

Just starting building my first FT turnout today. My plan is to use ME flex track although I admit my first delivery of track is yet to arrive.

My question is about the appearance of turnout quick sticks ties compared to ME flex track ties. Can anyone please offer observations about how well these two tie systems match in terms of tie height, tie spacing and spacing variablilty.

Thanks in advance.
Dwayne A

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:29 am 

Greetings,

I have one of the ME bridges. I did not measure the ties as you are asking as I will be able to shim the bridge shoes to make the rails match. The big difference on the ME ties is that they have the tie plate and spike heads molded in place. The Quick sticks do not have any tie plates or spikes.

In this post: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1077 it is shown that the P:87 plates can be added to the PC board ties. I have considered getting a set and trying to trim out the middle section and glue the spike head outter section of the plate to the wooden ties with a tiny drop of CA. Note, I have not done this yet so i have no clue if it would work.

Christopher

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]