[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Fast Tracks • View topic - Bullfrogs

Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bullfrogs
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:47 am 

I was able to pick up a couple of BullFrogs from Tim at the NMRA show, and have already installed them.

They really work great.

Here's a link to my page,

http://garbo.org/MRR/tott/bullfrog.html

and you tube video (a lot of the stills are duplicated).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NryvgHjB_GM

Thanks for another great product!

Scarpia

Post subject: Re: Bullfrogs
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:35 pm 

Tim & Ron I noticed that in your Demo of the 100,000 Test switches you have Two(2) Micro switches attached to the Bullfrog yet you only have one in the kit and you haven't really pushed the use of a second micro switch.
The little actuators on the card is what made me believe the bull frog was a switch machine with electrical applications when I made my final guess and micro switches came to mind. so what is the main function of the second micro switch? Could you possible put some schematics of the 2 switches used together on here or on the Bullfrog site or an explanation of how you planed to use 2 switches instead of the just one(1).

Thanks Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:25 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:26 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

We designed the machine to accept a second micro switch should anyone require one for signals, panel lights, power routing to a crossing or any other possible application.

The basic machine comes stock with a single switch, an additional switch can be ordered from the main site. These simply bolt onto the first micro switch.

http://www.handlaidtrack.com/additional ... p-8591.php

Tim Warris
Fast Tracks
http://www.fast-tracks.net
service@fast-tracks.net

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:47 am 

Thanks Tim!! I thought the second switch may be for Powering the frog and really couldn't figure how. I must have been real Tired, I never thought about other apps.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:34 am 

Can you guys let me know what these parts are for? They're always left over, and I'd surmise they are needed if you add a second electrical switch.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

These are for building the Bullfrog without the support for the actuator rod. If space is limited, the support (the piece hanging out off the side of the machine) can be eliminated and a remote support added at a more convenient location. The two small parts are the base of the machine where the microswitches are installed.

Its a bit confusing, but we will be releasing a more detailed document and video explaining these very soon.

Tim Warris
Fast Tracks
http://www.fast-tracks.net
service@fast-tracks.net

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:44 pm 

Thanks Tim, that makes more sense than what I was thinking!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:03 pm 

I recieved and built my first four Bullfrogs. Thank you for the YouTube channel. It was great to have my laptop open while building them. I still managed to put parts in the wrong place, but by the fourth one, it was pretrty simple.

The only issue I am having is that no matter how I adjust the Microswitch, the pivot will not activate the switch, because it does not come in contact. I guess I need to work on that part of building these little guys, or spring some extra dough for the pre-built models.

Thanks for making layout building more fun.

Thomas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:17 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Thomas,

The trick to getting the microswitch to work is to be sure that all of the parts are fully inserted into the mating part and are sitting tight and square to each other. The BullFrogs are very precisely cut and you need to fuss a bit to ensure that all of the pieces are seated completely when you glue them together.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:26 pm 

Any recommendations for the type and size of screws to use to attach Bullfrogs to the bottom of the layout?

Thomas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:05 pm 

Tim & Ron
Did you ever try the micro switches exactly like yours but with the actuator lever on them?
It may help those that are having contact troubles, if their switch arm is just missing the contact
you can bend the lever up so they will connect with the button on the switch or help press them
in farther to help make contact with the electrical contacts.
Dan

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]