Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:03 pm 

This was posted on trainorders and is CONFIRMED!

Floquil and pollyscale paints will soon be NO MORE!

>>>>>>>
Friday, May 17th, 2013

Dear Valued Partner,

I am writing to inform you about changes that are taking place at the Testor Corporation. For over 80
years, we have provided premium paints and finishing systems to the craft and hobby industry. Today,
we announced that we are transforming our business in order to more effectively address the changing
needs of our consumers and their interests.

We’ve made the decision to exit the following businesses within the Testor® Brand family - Pactra®,
Floquil®, Polyscale®, and ColorArtz®. This will enable the Testor Corporation to return to our foundation
of success – providing premium, innovative product that inspires creativity. We will continue to accept
orders and ship product for a limited time based on available quantities.

Going forward, the following brands will be critical to our success and development – Testor®, Model
Master™, and Aztek®. These brands will be infused with marketing support, innovation and operational
efficiencies.

In support of this, we have announced a consolidation of operations at our Rockford facilities. Over the
next several months we will provide updates critical to your order and delivery needs as well as product
availability. We assure you there will be no disruption to service during this transition.
Our commitment to the Testor brand has never been stronger. By implementing these changes, and the
ability to leverage all of Rust-Oleum’s world class services, we are more strongly poised to take your
business to the next level through product and merchandising innovations, and increased customer
intimacy. Please contact me or your sales manager directly with any questions.

We appreciate your business!

Best Regards,

Kristin J. Schiro
Director of Sales & Marketing<<<<<<<<

Just thought you guys might want to know. :shock:

Lee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:08 pm 

I've been out of the hobby for many years...just getting back into it and super excited about FastTracks (haven't received my first order and already I ordered another kit for a different size turnout). DCC looks exciting, and based on the level of activity here, the hobby is alive and well.

A devastating bit of news is this loss of Floquil. I used the hell out of that paint. I'm none too happy RPM bought the rights then essentially abandoned the product line. Given the current state of affairs in the US, I'm betting the EPA had something to do with it. Grr.

But enough rant. My local hobby shop owner mentioned he'd heard there was interest in bringing back the line. Someone interested in buying the rights and releasing new product. I won't hold my breath, and it's just hearsay/gossip. But I'm really hopeful. Meanwhile, I'll see if other contemporary paints work as well... Probably need to invest in a good sprayer too.

Anyone like what's out there for painting white metal parts? I have a dozen FSM kits I saved up from years ago. I tend to doubt urethane enamel will stick very well. For sure acrylic is out. But if you guys are happy with a current brand, it would be...? :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:43 pm 

Try Googling "how to paint white metal castings" and you'll get a bunch of links to sites giving hints. Pay attention to the cleaning prep and use of a primer.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]