Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:25 pm 

I have a crossover on a module I am building with Atlas code 55 #10 turnouts. My goal was to have these controlled by one fascia knob. I had to drill a small hole in the Bullfrog closest to the fascia knob to facilitate a clevis that would activate the other Bullfrog. I was worried about the tight curve in the control rod and guide but it all works great. Because this was all mounted on foam I first mounted the Bullfrogs on thin plywood for added support and to take some of the side to side shock from pushing and pulling the fascia knob. I used Liquid nails and 1-1/2 " #8 screws to secure the plywood to the foam. One of the Bullfrogs is mounted on 2" foam and the other has the throwbar wire running through 4" and both work fine. I did have to replace the supplied wire with a longer .39 wire for the 4" of travel.
My take away from this is to get a double Z bend as supplied in the modular double sided controller kit or a double clevis.

Last edited by jhn_plsn on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:20 pm 

Very neat ! Those control rods work in almost any knot you can tie them in... They are quite cool.

Cheers !

It's not my place to run the train, the whistle I can't blow. It's not my place to say how far the trains allowed to go. It's not my place to shoot off steam, nor even clang the bell. But let the damn thing jump the track and see who catches hell !

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]