[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Fast Tracks • View topic - Soldering Trackwork Document Updated

Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

Our old soldering Application Note was getting pretty dated and was long overdue for a full rewrite. So we have compiled everything we have learned about soldering trackwork over the past six years (and many years of personal learning before that) and condensed it down to just the information that will help folks build great looking, reliable trackwork.

The result is our fully revised and illustrated Soldering Trackwork document. If you are new to soldering, or even if you are an old pro, we encourage you to download this document before you build your next turnout. It is jammed packed with tips and information that we are sure you will help hone your soldering skills.

You can download a PDF version of this document, or read it in your browser here:

http://www.handlaidtrack.com/soldering-trackwork.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:15 pm 

It would appear that the link doesn't work as the URL is incorrect. The direct link is http://www.handlaidtrack.com/documents/an01.pdf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry about that. Links fixed now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:02 am 

I'm curious....

I agree with everything in your article except for your choice of soldering iron. If you're going to spending on a quality product anyway, then I would recommend spending the few extra bucks on something like the WESD51.

You get the advantages of a high wattage iron (quick recovery) without the drawbacks of a standard iron (over heating).

I used irons with no control for years, and finally upgraded to a WESD51 so I could dial in the temperature. I find it allows me to be much more consistent in my soldering.

Just my $0.02.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:57 am 
Site Admin

The WESD51 would be a very good choice as well. We recommend the WP35 as it is a less expensive, but good quality product that will work well for most modelers.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]