[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Fast Tracks • View topic - Infinite™ Track System Components Now Available

Fast Tracks

Model Railroading Discussion Forums

Return To The Fast Tracks Website

The Fast Tracks discussion forums have been closed. Click Here for more information.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:16 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:44 pm 

Thanks to you and your team for the work to get the new items on the web site. Now you can take a break for the holiday coming up.

I can't wait to dig in and see what all is available.

Kurt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:48 pm 

just finished placing my order for HO & HOn3 Platforms and now for the wait. I hate the
waiting, I always get over excited about receiving new products and trying them out. I got a
mix of everything well, everything I'll be in need of. I bought complete circles of 18'R for my
HOn3 and 24" and 26" for my HO. so far I don't have any larger radius then those. I am
going to use the platforms as layout tools only. I prefer to use 1/2" Homasote as roadbed
for the simple reason I was given 34ea 4 X 8 foot sheets of the stuff by a good friend of
mine when his father sold out his family lumber company. It's the only thing I don't have to
pay for on this Railroad and it gives me plenty of extra if I make cutting mistakes. I also
bought a number of turnouts, and a couple of straight platform Kits and a number of
accessories, easements and crossings. If I find I need more the computer is always on so it
doesn't take long to place and order.

Thanks Tim and Ron for all the hard work helping keep the Hobby alive

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:02 pm 

Hi Tim and Ron,

When I was talking about the 9 foot ties I was referring to the wood ties and pc ties. The wood ties you are coming out with (the ones that would be used without the assembly fixtures) that I can't find a picture of right now, If these ties were the 9 footers, and you cut the pc ties to 9 foot, then anyone wanting to match the Microengineering track won't have any problems. I myself would need or use the assembly fixtures for straight or curved track because I'm now comfortable using gauges.

So the concern about the fixed fixtures isn't an issue.

Rob

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:03 pm 

Hello Fast Tracks!!
Thank You for the Platform Joiner Removal Tool. I have been out of town for the past
few weeks and my neighbor had been bringing my mail into my house. My wife has an
Antique Upright Grand Piano and Brian (my neighbor) had been placing all the mail on
top of the piano and the package containing the Tool slipped off the top of the piano
and back against the wall. Saturday I pulled the piano out so my wife could run the
vacuum behind it and I saw the package for the first time. upon opening it I was totally
surprised at what was in it. This tool is making the disassemble of the platforms so much
easier and I wish I had found it a few days ago but now that I have it I wanted to say
Thank you for another great addition to my Fast Tracks Tools.

Happy Holidays to all at Fast Tracks and to all the friends of this forum.

Anyone ordering the Platforms make sure to order the Joiner Removal tool it is an
absolute must have tool for the disassemble and removal of the Joiners to avoid
breakage of the Platforms.

Oh and Tim and Ron have named this tool the "Key Punch" The perfect name if I do say so!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:16 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you for your comments Rio-Grande-Dan!

It may not be well known, but there are actually four of us involved with Fast Tracks - all brothers. Tim and I are the founders of the company, but since starting we have been joined by Russ and Scott. Russ actually does all of our production, plus he does some design work as well. In the case of the Key Punch tool, he noticed that Tim was struggling a bit to remove the joiners from the Platforms, so being the tinkerer that he is, he come up with this tool.

We all agree, it works very nicely.

We don't have the KeyPunch tool on the site yet, but should have it added shortly. We will be including the KeyPunch tool at no charge for Platform orders over $100.00 and with any Platform Kit (Which are not on the site yet either. We are working on it!)

Here is a picture of the assembled tool. (BTW, it is shipped un-assembled. We figured people would have more fun assembling it themselves. :wink: )

Attachments:
keypunch.jpg
keypunch.jpg [ 13.83 KiB | Viewed 15124 times ]
keypunch-assembly.jpg
keypunch-assembly.jpg [ 6.48 KiB | Viewed 15123 times ]
keypunch-use.jpg
keypunch-use.jpg [ 43.45 KiB | Viewed 15122 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:47 am 

It's been a while since I visited this site.

Has the Infinite Track System passed-into bolivion? That is to say have you abandoned the product? I understand you had porduction problems and without production, you have no product. Sorry if I missed a big announcement about all this. Like I said, it's been a while.

thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:39 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, we did discontinue the Platform product line quite some time ago. The system actually worked very well, but there were production problems that we could not overcome. At this point it is unlikely that they will be re-introduced. (Unless of course one of us here has a sudden flash of brilliance!)

The straight and curved track assembly fixtures, which are part of the Infinite Track system are still available however.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:50 pm 

Thanks.

Sorry you guys coudln't make it work. It was a good idea.

I guess it should have been called FINITE track.. :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]